Saturday 3 December 2011

Folded Fabric Flowers

Hi there!

I've recently been fiddling around with folded fabric pieces..yes...I've stumbled upon this amazing Japanese technique of making fabric flowers...

The flowers are commonly called 'Kanzashi' flowers although the word actual refers to the traditional Japanese hair ornaments...

There are many great videos such as here and here...have a look if you're keen to try it yourself!

Okay..I know some of you are thinking: I'm NOT into making the stuff...so what did you come up with?

Crocheted baby headband in 2 different yarn types.
Each flower measure 4.5 cm wide.

Yep...these flowers are one of the sooo.. many possibilities. Of course, there HAS to be some crochet in it...so I crocheted a center instead of the commonly-used button. The material is beautiful white duchess satin.
Ok...so it's pink(previous post on this)...obviously not for my young lady but a sweet darling baby girl.

In fact, I got so carried away that I made more....
Each flower measures 6.5 cm wide.
Each flower measure 4.5 cm wide.
These flowers will be put in the shop. Let me know what YOU would like to do with these flowers. Put them on a hair-clip, headband, hair-tie...as a brooch....

I also managed to make something for MYSELF. After all this while, I've been making stuff for other people and this is the FIRST thing I've been able to keep for myself.

Nope..it's not for sale. Anyway, there's no more of the same fabric. : )

Have a great weekend!
Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.