Sunday 18 December 2011

THE DMC Stranded Cotton

Hi there,

How many of you ladies remember doing cross-stitch in primary school for 'Art' lesson (especially if you were in an all-girls' school like me)? If you raised your hand and said "Me!", then you would surely remember these:
Now DMC was THE brand that all of us used and even my mother knows it. One can understand why...Look at it's beautiful colours!

In trying to compress it into one image, I've lost image quality. For a more accurate look at the colours, you can obtain a beautiful pdf colour chart at the DMC website.

The aunty at a local craft store gave me an incredulous look when I told her I was going to crochet with these. Firstly, she said "Too expensive". Secondly, it's 6-stranded... "very difficult". BUT of course I went ahead and loved the results!



Those of you who are more eagle-eyed would have realised that I used one of these on my daughter's backpack.

How would you like to use it? Would you like to choose your own colours? Let me know!
[For suggested options, please click the 'buy' tab above.]

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.