Sunday 20 November 2011

Work in Progress

Hi there,

I've been busy trying to finish up a project for my daughter -- one that was actually started in April! It is probably the most ambitious piece of crochet 'engineering' I've attempted... and one that got interrupted by lots of other stuff..

Now that there's a lull period amidst the hustle and bustle of work .....it's time to finish it up. Shan't tell you exactly what it is yet except that it's a bag-like thing....
but here's a picture with a crochet tip I've gathered from my crochet 'adventures':

I've found that when crocheting a bag in ONE piece, putting a row of slip stitches (on the exterior) between the last row of the base and the first row where the body begins helps to define the base. In the picture, the top section has the slip stitches whereas the bottom section has yet to have the slip stitches.
[Do pardon the 'pink thing' in the foreground...it's a paper clip which I've used as a stitch marker...useful thing I've learnt from Alice aka 'futuregirl'. She also has a great tutorial on a lovely bag : "The Starling Handbag" -- an excellent example of a bag where the base and body are made in ONE piece. Thanks Alice!]

Enjoy!

Serena 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.