Friday 18 November 2011

A Tale of Two 'Elasticities'

Hi again!

It's so encouraging to realise that some of you who are reading this might be half-way across the world... :)

On one of my usual forays to Chinatown few weeks ago, I came across a pretty pink elastic that was so soft, yet had just the right stretch without being too tight...(perhaps some of you might be thinking: "Elastic??'...). Yep...elastic...but this is pretty elastic, not boring white and stiff ones that we usually use in our gathered pyjamas pants...
As you can see, even mama kangaroo agrees that the pink one is nicer..
I bought up all the stock that 'aunty' had left in her shop....

Now the first thing that came into my mind when I saw it was: "BABY".

Here's what I used that pretty soft, pink elastic for:
Each band has a length of 14" and stretches to 17". The elastic is double-stitched at the joint. The crocheted flower and beads/button are all sewn to the band and positioned such that there is a flat seam on the side which rests on baby's head.
It's such a pity my princess is too 'overgrown' to model these headbands....can't wait to see them on a cute little princess...

I enjoyed making them so much that I made 6!


An alternative headband would be a completely crocheted one. The ribbed stitching [crochet tip: achieve this by using just the back loops only] give good elasticity to the band without being overly tight -- important for baby! As usual, I like the idea of having options, so these have 'changeable flowers'.
Each band comes with 6 flowers in 2 sizes.


Hope you like them!

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.