Wednesday 16 November 2011

Crochet Cover for Snap Clips

Since my princess was a little girl, I have bought countless snap-clips for her. They are probably the easiest to use on a little girl, especially for one who did not have much hair as a toddler.

As she grew older, she also developed a preference for them as she found them much easier to use than crocodile clips. With the snap-clips, she could pick her own clips and 'dress herself'.

Snap-clips were the first type of hair-clips I attempted to put a 'crochet' spin on. Deciding the embellishments such as flowers, butterflies etc was EASY...but ...making a cover for it....Hmmm

Of course I could have easily glued/sewn to pieces of triangular felt pieces together..but NO...this stubborn crochet-crazy mule decided she should CROCHET a cover for it.

Since much time has been spent figuring out how to make a crochet cover for snap-clips, I thought I would share some general guidelines for making your own.







For the example shown in the photos, I used the DMC cotton embroidery floss (all 6 strands of it) with a 1.25 mm crochet hook. I find that it gives a nice 'thickness' to the cover and love all the colours that DMC have. Crochet thread size 20 is also nice.

Hope you find it useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.