Saturday 17 March 2012

A Baby on the Way

Hi there,

If you're wondering....no..it's not me who's having a baby...but this week I've received lovely news that an ex-student of mine is going to be a mum!

It made me realised that it's been a while since I've made booties for a baby boy. Here is a pair of booties for a spunky lad....modeled after daddy's deck shoes or 'boat shoes' (as I've learnt from my 'research').
One common characteristic of these deck shoes is the contrast lace that runs around the body of the shoe which is faithfully replicated.
The dark chocolate yarn is Japanese cotton and provides a wonderful contrast to the cream acrylic/nylon blend.
As usual, the sole is double-layered, giving the booties a structured 'shoe-like' look.
What do you think? Sweet teddy (her name is 'Amanda' by the way) thinks they're great for surfing too : )
If you know of a spunky little boy who would love these 'deck shoes', get them from our shop.

On another note, I'm extremely encouraged that all the smaller white fabric flowers have been turned into hairclips for some sweet little girls. I do hope they like them. However , if you would like them replicated, please feel free to ask!

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.