Saturday 31 March 2012

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Struggling with a looming deadline, I retreated to the local library a couple of days ago in a bid to make quick work of it in the quiet of the Reading Room. En route, I just HAD to browse through the array of new arrivals placed enticingly on the display shelves (more so to delay the inevitablity of sitting down to deal with a pile of uninspiring 'office' work than anything else) and was rewarded with... TREASURE! 
Spankingly new and calling out my name! Nothing better to cheer a girl up on a gloomy Thursday afternoon!



So many wonderful possibilities to explore... so today, my journey begins with a tiny step. I made the Snake Book. It folds up into a 2.5 inch square - a sweet little miniature that could be used to hide lovely surprises. According to the author, it can be used for presenting a timeline, showing a family tree or as a travel book.






I'm thinking of writing inspiring quotes on the pages and giving it to the special people in my life... Hope to show you more experiments in the next few weeks.


Gotta go catch up on my reading now and bring my little one to ...... the library to check out his books! See ya!


Sheon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.