Saturday 1 June 2013

In Anticipation of...Father's Day


When I was growing up, my father was a powerful source of motivation and inspiration in my life. He set high expectations but was also encouraging, supportive and brimming with a good sense of humour. Though he passed on when I was in my teens, I remember him no less fondly than the last time he waved goodbye as he headed off for work. Many of his actions and decisions have shaped who I am today and continue to influence what I do.

Today, my husband and father to our three spunky boys works so hard to provide the best for us. When at home, he has to be both disciplinarian and counsellor, a delicate balance to achieve especially when parenting a teenager who's struggling to establish his own identity. For all his efforts and perserverance, I am deeply appreciative.

According to The Science of Fatherhood: Why Dads Matter, fathers are no less (and possibly even more) important than mothers in children's lives. Remember to give your fathers (and husbands) a big hug on 16th June!

Sheon


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.