Saturday 23 March 2013

On the Road snapshots

Hello everyone!
Today I would like to share with you some photo highlights of my 10 day work trip cum mini-break in Macau and HongKong. It was really a rejuvenating time because I had opportunities to learn from professionals in my field, bond with like-minded colleagues and to soak in the way of life at the places I visited. I'm currently working on my scrapbook - trying to incoprorate the bits and pieces I collected during the journey - you'll get to see pictures of that in a later post.

The first part of my trip was spent in Macau, visiting institutions, learning from their best practices and understanding local culture. My i-phone conveniently doubled up as the lenses for capturing views or images that spoke to me most...















 



























When the work trip concluded, I was able to meet up with hubby in Hongkong for a few days of couple time! Because we've been here so many times, we decided to go off the beaten track again - we did that last year too when we visited Lamma Island
This trip, we explored the quaint island of Cheung Chau, just 45min by ferry from mainland HongKong. With only 20,000 residents and devoid of cars (only bicycles, mini versions of the ambulance and fire-truck are allowed on the narrow streets!), it is really an oasis of laid-back charm.




























Wanting to try something a little more vigorous, we also hiked for some 3 hours up the popular Dragon's Back, voted the 'Best Urban Hiking Trail in Asia' by Time in 2004. Reaching the peak at 284 metres, we were rewarded by breathtaking views and awesome winds! Whew!










































All in all a wonderful journey, walking alongside (sometimes straggling behind... but he never left me alone for too long :) my life's companion.










































I'll be back soon with pictures of my scrapbook-on-the-road. Meantime, leaving you with this beautiful find in Lady's Market - wish I could make one of these someday!





















Sheon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.