Saturday 28 July 2012

Yarn and Garn

Hi there!

It's been busy busy at the office with some staff changes...which meant no crafting time for me...I didn't realise that I would miss it THAT much....sigh

All my fellow crafters out there...what is your response when you stumble upon a little shop stocked FULL of your crafting supplies? I wonder if you put your hands to your face and went 'ahhhhh'.....
Well, that's what I did on our family vacation to Denmark, when, on a day-trip to Aarhus, I stumbled upon this shop while we were walking around in the city... The teen and pre-teen went "oh no" while the photographer/husband  kindly took shots of the shop while I was busy admiring everything in the shop.

I definitely did not plan on buying any yarn (or GARN) on a family vacation, but....who could resist? Especially when such stores are virtually non-existent back home....

More yarn-related stuff from my trip -- this little display of early home-made yarn and even a pattern book was on display at the open-air musuem -- Funen Village in Odense. The musuem features old Danish buildings from the 18th & 19th century, with details about the way of life then. It was a pleasant surprise to see that knitting/crocheting was already around then.

Hope you have a great weekend ahead....

Wishing for crafting time...
Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.