Saturday 21 July 2012

Darkness and Light

morning sun on my patio 

Hit some difficult patches these couple of weeks - first at work, then at home. Amidst moments of uncertainty, worry, discouragement, disappointment, I had to remind myself to keep things in perspective. OR, at times, to shift my perspective. 

What's more, these experiences brought into focus valuable lessons I had to learn or relearn, just as how light seems so much sharper, cleaner and brighter when contrasted against darkness.  

So today, I am thankful for this timely reminder:
'Afflictions are but the shadows of God's wings' 
                                                                              George Macdonald 

May your week ahead be filled with light.
Sheon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.