Saturday 5 May 2012

Happy Mothers' Day

Hello there!
Haven't managed to do much 'paperwork' lately but nothing like a customised order to get me out of my crafty rut :) This was put together at A's request - a timely reminder that Mothers' Day is round the corner!


Every year we try to do a little something for mum and mum-in-law during this time - get everyone together for a meal most likely. Our mums expect no special gifts - in fact, even though they had few opportunities to venture beyond the home, they gladly dedicated a large part of their lives to cooking and caring for their children, doing the most mundane of work that we take for granted, including double-boiling soups for their grandchildren so that they are well-nourished.

Many of my dear friends are mums too. While holding down full-time jobs, you are also wondeful multi-taskers - playing the role of expert tutors, bakers, counsellors and financial managers at home!  We may not double-boil soups :) but perhaps our struggles and efforts not any less than what our mums faced when they were raising us. 

Dear mummy-friends, I am constantly encouraged and inspired by your talent, patience and the unconditional love you show your children.
More so, I am thankful that I have all of you to share the challenges and joys as I grow with my boys... that in all my bumbling ways and occasional tearful helplessness I am not alone.

Happy Mothers' Day!

Sheon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.