Saturday 23 June 2012

The Warmth of Helping Hands

Hi there,

This coming week will be the last week at work for a dear colleague of mine who is retiring. We have worked together since the first day I stepped into office and it's been 18 years! She has been very understanding and supportive. I know she's been looking forward to retirement and doing all those things she's always wanted to do but was unable to because of work (I'm envious!). Anyway, since she'll also be 'globe-trotting', I thought I'd make her these as a parting gift -- to thank her for all her help.
Now, those of us living in the tropics are probably unfamiliar with these...they're fingerless gloves...
I came across a pattern for these in a magazine and, recalling all those time where I've fumbled with camera buttons, handphone buttons, grasping small things ... while wearing full gloves, decided that these might be a useful item to make.

Here are some shots of my daughter 'modelling' the gloves (which are a little too big for her)...


After the 'photo shoot', my daughter asked for a pair for herself -- to bring on our vacation -- here are some 'on location' shots of her gloves, in a colour of her choice...
 


Can you guess where we went? If you look closely at the last photo, you probably can guess.

I'm afraid we are still in the midst of sorting out what seems like countless photos on top of the usual daily hustle & bustle....I'll definitely put up some when we're done ..promise...

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.