Saturday 11 February 2012

Heart to Heart

With Valentine's round the corner, have you planned a gesture of love for the special people in your life yet? 

Nothing grand or expensive for me, but sending some heartfelt sentiment on this day dedicated to love is a must, not only for my significant other, but also for dear friends, co-workers and those whose lives are closely inter-twined with mine. 

Not only is it a chance for me to show my gratitude to them for their love & friendship, it is also a reminder that I should appreciate these wonderful people who fill my days with laughter, encouragement and meaning.




 
And, the die-hard romantic in me would like to share this poem with you.
It never fails to move me - the persona gives voice to an experience of awakening that is so tenuous yet so intense and moving at the same time...


somewhere i have never travelled
                                          by e.e cummings

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
any experience,your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look easily will unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skilfully, mysteriously)her first rose

or if your wish be to close me, i and
my life will shut very beautifully, suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
the power of your intense fragility: whose texture
compels me with the color of its countries,
rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens;only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sheon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! We would love to hear from you.